I was interviewed about my new genie series. It was a lot of fun…and I got to share when size does matter….
It’s Publisher Week at the romance fiction blog, Romance Lives Forever. Today, they’re featuring books from Boroughs Publishing Group with those irresistible guys who know what they want and how to get it. What is it about a hero that makes us want to hold out for one? Well, hold out no more. Here are some great books that deliver a hero…
The Next Big Thing is whatever you’re working on. The Next Big Thing Blog Hop is an opportunity for authors around the world to tell you what that is. Last week, I was tagged by E.M. Powell, author of The Fifth Knight in this literary jaunt around the internet. For her, The Next Big Thing is Blood of the Fifth Knight. Read E.M. Powell’s blog about this much anticipated book here. The Fifth Knight is her debut novel. It is published by Thomas & Mercer and is currently on Kindle Serials release in the US, with UK release planned for 2013. And I will heartily agree that this will be the next big thing…because I read The Fifth Knight, which remains a big thing on my list of favorite books.
So now it’s my turn to share The Next Big Thing with you.
1) What is the working title of your next book?
The Genie Smolders. Book Two in The Zubis Chronicles
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
From Book One, which is The Genie Ignites. I needed to continue the story of Zubis and Bethany. I wanted to find out what came next as much as my readers do
3) What genre does your book fall under?
What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in the movie rendition?
Jason Momoa would make an amazing Zubis. My genie is clean-shaven and although many of Momoa’s roles have him bearded and scruffy, he cleans up real good.
Jessica Biel not only has the right look for Bethany O’Brien, she has the intrepid spirit to play a woman who loves a genie, stops a coup, and never gives up.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
When their child becomes a pawn in a dangerous game between humans and genies, Bethany O’Brien and Zubis will risk the love they share and their own lives to save her.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Neither. I submit my books directly to my editor, Christopher Keeslar, at Boroughs Publishing Group.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Not including research, about three months.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
If readers like Nalini Singh’s Guild Hunter series, Heather Graham’s romantic suspense novels, or Nora Roberts’ Sign of Seven trilogy, they’ll enjoy The Zubis Chronicles.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
It may have been a jinni, but I’d rather not say.
10) What else about the book might pique a reader’s interest?
Although this book is fiction, my details around the world of the jinn rely on authentic research into what is actually known and believed about this mystical race. For example, a reader will learn how genies live, how long they live, and how they die…among other things.
The Next Big Thing Blog Hop is winding down now, but there’s still time for me to bring to your attention some authors I enjoy reading. This next list of authors are not all hopping in the hop. But they have either recently released or are now working on The Next Big Thing. Check them out; they’are among my favorites.
- Lisa Pietsch is a USAF veteran, a multi-published novelist and freelance writer. See her full bio here, as well as a list of her books. Visit her website to learn more about her kick-ass character Sarah Stevens and get her first novel, The Path to Freedom, for free!
- Susan MacNicol is the author of the romance novel Cassandra by Starlight. Her Next Big Thing is Together by Starlight, coming soon from Boroughs Publishing Group.
- Ann Leary is the author of The Good House, which was just released yesterday. Now, that’s big. Go get your copy! She’s a witty, sharp, insightful writer you won’t be able to put down.
- Daniel Silva is the author of the series of thrillers starring Israeli agent and art restorer Gabriel Allon. His Next Big Thing is The English Girl, to be released this summer.
- Oliver Pötzsch is the author of The Hangman’s Daughter series of novels. The Next Big Thing here is The Beggar King: A Hangman’s Daughter Tale, which was released last week.
Now get reading!